With permission of St Mary’s PCC
years of history
St. Mary the Virgin
Find out about the timeline
Last updated 12 January 2020
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser. Alternatively, report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local contacts within Denby Parochial Church Council (PCC) are available to speak to if you have any concerns:
Denby PCC Safeguarding Officer: Mrs Valerie Evans Tel: 07594 216232
Vicar: Rev Andrew Taylor-
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (this email account is accessed only by the Safeguarding Officer)
Or contact Julian Hodgson, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser at Church House, Derby,
Tel: 01332 388678 Email: email@example.com
At St Mary's Church we are committed to valuing all people and providing an environment in which everyone can be nurtured and safe. As a church in the Derby Diocese we follow the current diocesan guidance, policies and training related to safeguarding, which draw on the policies and guidance of the House of Bishops of the Church of England. At its meeting on 12 November 2019, Denby Parochial Church Council voted unanimously to adopt the “The Church of England’s Promoting a Safer Church Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults.”
This document contains the following six Policy Commitments:
1. Promoting a safer environment and culture.
2. Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults within the Church.
3. Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
4. Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
5. Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
6. Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Documents available to read:
|Location and map|